Level 2 Assessment Standards
In Level 32 History 2020, students will be offered TWO internals only. These two internals will help them gain 9 credits before externals.
Depending on completion and achievement of first two internals, a third internal may be added worth 5 credits. However, this is at teachers discretion.
Students will then be able to select ONE or TWO externals to study towards.
All History credits are worth Literacy credits, however, writing credits can only be gained externally.
What will I learn?
NZ Protest Movements
Building an understanding of different times in NZ History where protests have occurred. Looking at how they defined our nation, and inspired artists to express their work through song, art, and plays.
Dropping of the Atomic Bomb
This topic will look at the bombing of Hiroshima and the Japanese and American perspectives of the Pacific Theatre during World War II. This topic has significance to Aotearoa as we eventually became a Nuclear-Free Country in 1987, and still as to this day.
- Be able to locate a range of relevant historical information from a range of sources
- Using the internet, scholar information, libraries, museums, and so on.
- Being able to identify, understanding and analyse different points of views as an historian
- Looking at past, present, individual and group perspectives
Cause and Effect
- Being able to see events, people, ideas which led toward an historical event occurring
- Looking at the effects in both positive and negative; in relation to the affects on people's lives
- Looking at what makes an event important/significant at the time, in present time, to individuals/groups/society/etc.
- Being able to identify primary and secondary sources; being able to examine them in depth and understanding towards answering questions based of historical concepts.
What should I have already achieved?
- To have gained Level 1 Literacy, and have taken a literacy based semester subject in Year 11.
How will this course be assessed?
- This course will be assessment through three internal individual assessments, and a choice of one external assessments (two are offered).
Will there be any FAOs (Further Assessment Opportunities)?
- There will be no FAOs offered in Year 12 History.
What are the course costs?