Student librarians provide an invaluable service to the school. They give up their time, either lunch time, study time or i-time to provide circulation services.
How to become a librarian:
- Fill in an application form available from the library
- Attend the training session on Thursday morning before school starts
What is involved:
- You will be timetabled for one duty a week, either at lunchtime, i-time or study.
- Two people on duty at a time is ideal.
- You will be issuing, returning, shelving, and helping people find things: customer service
- You may have to be in charge if the librarian has a job to do elsewhere in the school or is away
- If you can't make it, arrange a swap or tell the librarian. Your study comes first.
- It's fun!
- You learn new skills: database, customer service, library skills, communication, relationship building, leadership
- The librarian can be a referee for you
- Pizza lunch at the end of the year