- You will be walking all day with a heavy pack so be comfortable. Tramping Boots and Tramping socks can make a big difference.
- Aim to drink and snack as you walk. Allow yourself 15-20 min break for lunch but no more. Avoid stopping for long periods because it will make your legs feel achy and more often than not you will get cold.
- Set yourself small goals throughout the day. eg Aim to rest at the top of a hill as a reward for your effort
- Tramping is not a race! You should set a steady pace which you can maintain for the day. Never run!
- Take turns to lead the group and navigate. Check everyone in the group is ok on a regular basis
- Take in the amazing scenery and enjoy the challenge!