StudentNET‎ > ‎

OSC Norms

Kahikatea
 I strive for and achieve excellence by never giving up and support others to do the same. A challenge is an opportunity.
 The Kahikatea is a might tree that is resilient and grows tall out of the harshest of environments.
 Pukeko
 I learn by trying something new, looking at things in different ways, having fun and being bold in my choices.
 The Pukeko is playful, creative and resource and because of this it is one of the only native birds to truly thrive.
 Harakeke
 I value everyone's ideas and approach my learning relationships with a sense of mutual respect. Unity is strength, everyone has something to offer.
 Harakeke (Flax) is beautiful and grows strong because the relationships between the layers of leaves make all of it's independent parts  stronger as a group.
 Kea
 I ask questions that are the foundation for all learning. There is no such thing as a dumb question or idea, it is the actions I take that shape my personal journey.
 The cheeky Kea always shows critical curiosity, it wonders what your car is made of and uses all of the tools that it has to quickly find out.
 Pungawerewere
 I look for connections with the wider world and I use these to make my learning relevant to my personal journey. Learning matters to me.
 All Pungawerewere (spiders) make meaning with their web in different ways. The Nursery web spider uses what other spiders use to hunt as a way of protecting its young. Itmakes meaning out of the web by connecting what it already knows with a new situation.
 Mokoroa
 I approach all experiences with an open mind because every experience is an opportunity to learn and grow.
 Like all butterflies and moths the Mokoroa (Puriri Moth) goes through a great period of changing and learning. It is the largest moth in New Zealand and is only found in the North Island.
 Waka
 I am an important part of the community. We are all working together, sharing and heading in the same direction.
 Paddling a large Waka takes a lot of strategic awareness. Everyone must work together and know what they and everybody else is doing.
 Papatuanuku
 I value the environment and acknowledge the importance of sustaining our natural and cultural heritage.
 Papatuanuku is the Maori earth mother. All cultures hold strong beliefs that we must treat "mother earth" with great respect.

Comments